If you are a summer bride, we know that you are already having it tough. After all, it ain’t easy to keep that perfect bridal look in place when the temperature is soaring above 40 Degrees. Most of the makeup artists and designers to fret at the mention of such high heat. We spoke to a celebrity makeup artist, Mehak Oberoi and learned some very cool tips for makeup, hair and even outfits for the summer bride.
We compiled those great tips in this blog to help you keep the heat at bay and rather smile wide at the summer sun in your sassiest bridal avatar.
Summer Makeup tips for the Bride
Makeup in summers is tricky! As a bride-to-be, you certainly can’t bet on a low profile look during the wedding ceremonies. But the blazing heat won’t let the diva inside you shine either. Follow these tips to make sure that your makeup stays intact even after the wee hours' end:
- Use a matte foundation instead of a luminous one. Also, wearing multiple layers is a big no-no. Some of the safe bets for matte foundations are Mac Pro Longwear, Bobbi Brown and Revlon Photoready
- Invest in a good primer that holds your makeup for long eg. Marc Jacobs or Stila One Step Correct.
- Waterproof Mascaras are your best bet. Some of the best available in the market are Inglot False Lash, Clinique High impact, and L'Oreal Longwear Mascaras.
- Refrain from using a heavy color on your eyes. Use brow pot or pencils instead of powder for brows. Benefit and Colorbar have promising long wear eyebrow pencils.
- Use gel liners over liquid liners. Some good gel liners you can invest in are Bobbi Brown Longwear Gel liner or L'Oreal Super Gel liner.
- Stay away from lip glosses. Use matte lip shades. Few brands that offer stunning mattes are MAC, HudaBeauty, NYX, Colorbar, and L'Oreal.
- Powder blushes stay longer than the cream ones. Also, use tints as they provide long-term wearability. Few good ones are from The Body Shop and Benetint.
- Use powder highlighters and do not strobe. You can use Urban Decay or Smashbox.
- For those power, lashes use a really sticky glue. Some good examples are Huda Beauty and Ardell.
- Once ready, use a makeup fix to cement your face. Makeup Forever HD powder, Mac Studio Fix or Smashbox are some great after makeup options to put that whole look in place.
Summer Hairstyling tips for the Bride
If you are a summer bride, follow these simple tips and keep the summertime frizz at bay:
- Do not let those locks lose. Letting your hair open in this heat could prove lethal. Tie them up firmly.
- Plaits and braids are big this season too. Wear flowers or simple accessories in your hair to enhance these braids further and simultaneously be the perfect fuss-free bride.
- Ditch elaborate hairstyles set through extensive spray and glues.
- Don’t work on the texture of your hair.
- Keep an anti-frizz spray handy at all times. Streax Pro, Kerastase, and The Body shop have the best anti-frizz sprays to keep those locks in place.
*Bonus* Summer Outfit tips for the Bride
Outfits are the quintessential life saviors that are the real deal makers in summers. If chosen correctly, they will help you sail through all the wedding ceremonies with panache. But if not, they hold the capability of ruining a great evening. Read further to get some great tips on choosing the right kind of outfit for your summertime wedding saga:
- Say no to silk, brocade or velvet. Opt for fabrics that are light, don’t lock in moisture and let your skin breathe.
- Wear the latest trend by opting for outfits in Organza, tulle, and chiffon. They look uber chic, are fresh off the runway and so, summer friendly.
- Stay away from bright colors that are heavy on the eyes like fuschia, bold red or royal blue.
- Betting on pastel colors like lilac, lavender or aqua blue will make you look at calm even under the scorching heat.
An emergency Makeup Kit every Summer Bride needs
- A good matte concealer
- A powder compact
- A matte lip color
- A few blotting papers
- Miniature perfume
... are your go-to for any kind of function whether in the day or evening. As the bride-to-be, you need to make sure that you have the best summer hairstyle and your hair isn’t loosely tied so that they survive the heat during the long wedding ceremonies
If you follow these simple tips, we assure you that you will be the perfect hassle-free summer bride that you have always wanted to be.
Let us know if all the gyaan was helpful, in the comments section!