Know it already girls, bridal lehenga shopping is the most important part of your wedding preparations. It defines your bridal look and well, is there anything more significant than that? Nahhh! That's why we leave no stone unturned to give you all that it takes to look like a dream in a gorgeous bridal lehenga on the D-day. Whether it is telling you about how to carefully shop for the lehenga and not to get tricked at a bridal store or give you styling tips on how to look taller in a lehenga if you are a short bride, our blogs are flooded with all the help you need to get your hands on that perfect wedding lehenga. And taking our ritual ahead, today we tell you how to pick the right lehenga according to your height.
If you are wondering what does your height have to do with your lehenga design, well the answer is, A LOT! Some designs flatter taller heights, whereas some designs are more suitable for short-height girls. So to ensure that you choose a lehenga that accentuates your body type perfectly, here we enlist some key points that you must remember while shopping for your wedding lehenga.
Best way to pick lehenga according to your height
Lehenga buying tips for 'TALL' height brides
- Pick a lehenga that is NOT monotoned. Single-hued lehenga will further make you look taller. Break the colour monotony with a dual-toned lehenga or the one with a broad border in contrasting colour.
- Remember, broad-bordered lehengas look great on taller body frames.
- With a tall body frame, you can experiment a lot. For example, you can try layered & scalloped lehengas.
- Opt for a lehenga with bold and bigger work. Doing so will make your look more impactful.
- If you've got it, why not flaunt it! We are talking about the torso. Opt for a short choli to flaunt your long torso.
Lehenga buying tips for 'SHORT' height brides
- Bold and bigger work on the lehenga is a strict NO. Opt for a lehenga adorned with intricate and dainty designs.
- Choose light and breezy fabrics. Stiff fabrics will further make you look shorter.
- Your lehenga should not have a thick waistband. Go for the one with no or minimal waistband.
- Embrace a monotoned lehenga because when there is only one colour flowing from top to bottom, it creates an illusion of height.
- Refrain from wearing a lehenga replete with horizontal work. Choose a lehenga with vertical adornments like panels and paisleys instead. The vertical work will create an illusion of height and make you look taller.
- Opt for a short blouse and a low-waist lehenga so as to keep the midriff bare. Doing so will not make you look petite.
- Lehengas with broad borders are also a big NO. You must consider choosing a borderless lehenga or the one with a minimal border.
Lehenga buying tips for 'MEDIUM' height brides
- Anything and everything is most likely to suit your body frame. Traditional or experimental, you can choose according to your own style taste.
- However, it is better to pick a lehenga that's not replete with big and boisterous embroideries.
- The lehenga's borders should not be too thin or too broad.
- If you wish to wear a high-neck blouse, keep the lehenga low-waist. The idea is to strike a balance!
Tag a bride who needs to know this. And let us know if this helped you choose the perfect lehenga for yourself.