Indian weddings are incomplete without 'Mehendi'. And when you are the to-be bride, you just can't afford to go the mediocre way. After all, you only marry once! And to make the most of it, you do all it takes—Right from bookmarking the most beautiful henna designs to getting the best mehendi wala on board.
However, after all the wedding madness is over, you’re left with nothing but a fading and patchy Mehendi, which most of us detest. And then who likes to flaunt those half-colored palms on the honeymoon?
Well, worry no more because we have got some easy-peasy ways that can help you remove that fading mehendi in no time.
1. Mere Warm Water
- Take a bowl full of warm water and soak your hands in it for a couple of minutes.
- After a good soak, get them out and rub them till they get dried.
- Repeat the same activity twice or thrice and you’ll witness the color of the Mehendi gradually fade.
This might take some time, but it definitely works.
Read More:- Top Simple Mehndi Designs
2. Use Toothpaste
Apart from healing burns, reducing acne redness, Toothpaste can also work wonders when it comes to removing that fading Henna. All you’ve got to do is:
- Lather some amount of it on your hands and rub it off once it gets dried.
- Try the same procedure two or three times and see the results.
3. Try Bleaching Out
If you are looking for quicker results,
- Apply some bleach (the one that you use on your face) on your hands and let it rest on your fading Mehendi for a few minutes.
- Once it completely dries, rinse it off with cold water.
- Repeat the same activity for a few days.
In case you have a sensitive skin, you can try fruit or aloe vera bleach (just don’t forget a patch test).
Read More:- Best Wedding Anniversary Wishes
4. Simple Soap & Water
Of all the ways, one that is the most convenient and doesn’t involve a lot of efforts is washing your hands with soap.
- Wash your hands 5-6 times a day using regular soap and water.
- Increase it to 8-10 times a day.
This might make your hands dry again so make sure you moisturize them enough (preferably with coconut or olive oil).
5. Quick Chlorine Solution
- Add chlorine in a bowl full of lukewarm water with a ratio of 1:3. The bigger the amount being water.
- Soak your hands in the solution for 2-3 minutes.
- Try the same activity at least twice to get the desired results.
There’s a possibility that your hands feel itchy just after the dip but don’t worry as it won’t stay for too long. Also, if you like to swim, a quick dip in the pool can equally help you get rid of the fading mehendi.
Also See:- Top 100+ Blouse Design For Every Occasions
6. With Baking Powder & Lemon
- Take a pinch of baking powder in a bowl and add a few drops of lemon juice in it.
- Mix the two rigorously and form it into a paste.
- Apply the mixture all over your hands and let it rest for at least 5-10 minutes.
- Once you feel it has got completely dry, rinse it off with cold water and see the results.
Your hands might feel dry after this process, so don’t forget to moisturize them after you are done.
7. Only Lemon
Even if you don’t have baking powder, lemon alone can help you get rid of the fading mehendi.
- Cut a lemon in half and rub it on your hands.
- Let it dry out completely and then wash it off with lukewarm water.
- If it doesn’t wear off at one go, repeat the activity 2-3 times.
Know More About:- Top Bridal Makeup Artists
8. Using Olive Oil
Another easy method to remove that fading mehendi is to massage your hands with olive oil.
- Take a few drops of olive oil on your hands and rub them well against each other.
- Let the oil rest on your hands for 10-20 minutes.
- Finally, wipe it off with a soft washcloth.
- Repeat the same procedure twice or thrice and see the results.
9. Apply Hair Conditioner
When you can’t think of anything else,
- Take a few drops of your hair conditioner and rub it well on your hands.
- Once it dries, wash it off with cold water and you will notice the color fade.
Know More:- Top Makeup artists in Kolkata
10. Soak in Salt & Water
- Add a pinch of salt in a bowl full of lukewarm water and give it a quick stir.
- Dip your hands in the mixture and let it rest for some 15-20 minutes.
- Take them out and rub them till they get dried.
- Repeat the activity a couple of times to get the desired results.
Read:- Top Best Wedding Photographers
Do you know any other trick to get rid of fading Mehendi? If yes, let us know in the comments below.
Tips From A Real Bride On How To Get Dark and Long-Lasting Mehendi
Best of 2016: Prettiest Mehendi Designs From Our Real Brides That You Just Cannot Miss!
Trend Alert: Brides Are Telling Their Love Stories Through Their Mehendi Designs!