All that glitters must not stop dazzling.
Just like how we need to take care of ourselves constantly (maintaining weight post-wedding isn’t easy - sigh!), our jewellery too needs to be taken care of especially after all the wedding madness.
So here we are with some home care as well as professional tips to keep your jewellery novel and shining.
- Clean your gold ornaments with a cotton fabric and dry it or blot dry with a soft cloth.
- Keep gold jewellery in mild pockets.
- Store gold pieces discretely so that it doesn’t tangles or scratches each other.
- Always remove your gold jewellery during bathing, as gold is a soft metal it can build up soap on it and damage the ornament.
- Do not wear diamonds while exercising, cleaning or some heavy work. Hard blows can damage diamonds while household chemicals and natural oils can fade diamonds.
- This tip is, particularly for the new bride. When you are getting ready, make sure that your diamond is the last thing that you wear. Let your grip all the perfume before you wear your jewellery.
- You can infuse diamonds in an ammonia-based cleaning agent overnight, and clean it in the morning by using a toothbrush. This will not only make the diamonds shine but also help you to clean it properly.
- Go for a professional cleaning to your jeweller. Sometimes, you have to go beyond home cleaning to get the dust and rough patches fixed.
- Polki jewellery should be wrapped in butter paper or cotton so that they are in a cool, dry place without being in contact with moisture
- Always wipe it with suede cloth to restore its shine
- Polki and Kundan jewellery are not to be cleaned with water or any homemade detergent.
- Another fine way to take care of your of jewellery is an eraser. When you see your set is get blackened from anywhere, just put an eraser on it to remove the black part.
Got more tips to share? Tell us in the comments below!