Source: Studio RDP; Gautam Khullar Photography
Choosing between smokey eyes and nude eyes for wedding functions has always been one of the toughest decisions for every bride-to-be to make. Oh, and these celebrities are making it no easy for us to decide, you guys! I mean, Deepika Padukone looked absolutely stunning in that intense smokey eye on her D-day but then we look at celebrities like Anushka Sharma who completely changed the game by donning nude makeup and looking like a million bucks on her special day!
So, to help reduce your stress (because we know you have like a million other things to stress over) and to get you out of this major dilemma, we’ve come out with reasons which will help you decide between going all out with bold eyes or simply opting for subtle eyes.
Smokey Eyes Vs Nude Eyes
When To Wear Smokey Eyes?
Girls, you may not know this but there are so many smokey eye options that it’s just not possible for you to go wrong if opting for a bold eye makeup look. Yes, you read it right! To make you feel completely sure about choosing this eye makeup, here are some reasons which will convince you why can’t go wrong when opting for a smokey eye for your nuptial ceremonies.
- Always been a fan of dramatic makeup and not afraid of making a statement? If yes, then smokey eye makeup is bang on for you. Ditch the sweet and innocent look and bring out that bold side of yours with bold smokey eyes.
- If you are not a fan of black eyeshadow then you’re in luck because now makeup artists can nail the multicolored smokey eyes look. You can simply pick the color which will either match your outfit or work in contrast and you’re all set to look like a diva on your wedding functions.
- If all your life you’ve heard from friends and family that you have big beautiful eyes then without having any second thoughts, opt for the smokey eye. We know this for a fact that the dark eyeshadow colors will accentuate your eyes and give a beautiful definition to your face.
- Let your bold eye-makeup do the talking in case if you’re planning on wearing a lightweight printed lehenga or a minimal a-line gown. Smokey eyes look absolutely stunning with minimal and soft outfits and also helps in balancing your overall look. This combination is not just refreshing but will also make you look exceptionally beautiful.
When To Wear Nude Eyes?
If the thought of getting a smokey eye look on your wedding functions makes your legs tremble, then we suggest you go for the nude eyes. While some think that getting the subtle nude eyes done is next to not getting any makeup done, we’re here to burst that bubble and show you why you should choose nude eyes over any other eye-makeup.
- Nude eyes makeup is a no brainer when you’re planning on donning pastel shararas, sarees, and light-coloured lehengas. All suave brides who don’t want a lot of fuss over their makeup are opting for it.
- If you find dramatic eyes a tad extra or if ‘less is more’ your mantra, then nude eyes are the way to go on your wedding functions. Nude eyes do not require a ton of makeup and look good on everybody. Oh and, if you’re worried about looking too plain, there’s always dark lip makeup to complement those nude eyes.
- Does your heart lie in clothes? And, not a fan of a lot of makeup products on your face? Don’t you worry because the solution to this is by wearing a stunning lavish outfit with minimal nude eyes to even out your bridal look. We promise, your minimal yet glamorous look will be achieved.
- Fresh and clean for weddings is the on-going trend for some time now and if you’re one of those brides who are smitten with this trend then nude eyes are the perfect pick for you.
Girls, no matter which eye makeup your heart is set for, you are going to look like a dream on your wedding day. Go with that eye makeup that speaks to you and you will achieve that quintessential look that you’ve always dreamt of!
Also Read: What To Wear When: Reception Gowns Vs Reception Sarees
So which eye makeup is making you excited? Let us know in the comments section below!