The color black is almost everybody’s favorite and especially when it comes to clothes, almost half of our wardrobe is stacked with black ones. And well, one can still never have enough of them! So much so, that when it comes to dolling up as a bride, at least one black outfit sure shot makes it to the list. Along with the classic reds and different-hued outfits, brides aren’t shying away from donning black on their wedding ceremonies and so shouldn’t you!
Which is why we’ve curated a mini lookbook featuring some trending black wedding outfit options that you can choose from! Be it a cocktail, sangeet, reception or even the wedding for that matter, go ahead and outshine in those gorgeous black outfits and of course, be ready for those hearty gazes that you’re going to steal.
1. A black velvet lehenga with paneled embellishments and a sheer dupatta by Tarun Tahiliani.
2. The 'Navratan' lehenga by Sabyasachi in a jet black 'Aakash-Tara' dupatta and blouse and a hand-embroidered black tulle skirt with an organza underskirt is the perfect definition of a starry affair.
3. This jacket lehenga done in an intricate jaal design in seesha and zari with mirror work borders from Abhinav Mishra's "Sheesh Mahal" collection is big yay for a glitzy affair.
4. A Parsi gara lehenga by Dolly J with fine embroidery is one of the best black outfits for the wedding.
5. A black lehenga made with brocade Benarasi sarees with a zardosi and pearl work border by Sabyasachi. (Not to miss that lightweight dupatta tho!)
6. Arpita Mehta's ruffled crop top and skirt pair with a plethora of appliqued florals.
1. Sabyasachi's black khadi and zari saree with antique zardosi border details paired with a full-sleeved blouse and a tilla work miniature gilet.
2. A golden sequinned saree with a frilled sheen drape by House of Kotwara.
3. Black Sarees from Anita Dongre's latest collection in their signature craft.
4. A floral embroidered saree with a tasseled blouse by Suneet Varma.
5. A printed saree with fringed blouse by Ridhi Mehra.
6. An 'Akash-Tara' saree with a sleeveless blouse by Sabyasachi.
7. The Avasa Saree by Anita Dongre in black and gold Benarasi.
1. A Dolly J side-slit glown with a plunging neckline and heavy fur details for the bride who doesn't mind a little sexy!
2. Sabyasachi's textured silk portrait gown with a hand-embroidered Persian border with crystal details.
3. Amit Aggarwal's chic and classy one-shoulder dress perfect for that cocktail.
4. A floral printed gown with cape details by Rohit Bal.
5. A finely sequinned sleeveless gown with a net trail by Nitya Bajaj.
6. A highly sequinned straight gown with lace details and a single frill for a peplum look by Nitya Bajaj.
7. A mirror work one-shoulder gown with mirror motifs by Shivan & Narresh.
8. A Suneet Varma black and silver detailed work gown with heavy ruffles for that edge.
9. An all lace skirt and bishop sleeve peplum blouse with sheer embroidered dupatta by Shehla Khan.
10. A simple black printed gown with cape sleeves by SVA Couture.
1. An intricately silver sequinned kurta with a heavy flared skirt by Suneet Varma.
2. A broad neck finely embellished asymmetrically hemmed kurta with a skirt from SVA Couture.
This noodle strap fringe detail geometric print kurta paired with a wide-legged sequinned palazzo and striped dupatta by Nitya Bajaj is so offbeat.
1. A floral printed skirt paired with a velvet paneled jacket by Rohit Bal.
2. A heavily embroidered crop top with flared palazzos topped off with a cape in embroidered motifs by Jayanti Reddy.
3. A structured Matka silk cape with a sheer herringbone hem styled skirt in laser cut borders by Shantanu & Nikhil.
4. A simple lace frilled cape style kurta with trousers by Faraz Manan.
1. Sabyasachi's black matka silk kurta with antique zardosi details and tilla work miniature gilet with a khadi and zari dupatta.
2. Sequinned and embroidered Anarkali by Sohos Fashion Studio.
Payal Singhal's lightly embroidered c-hemmed kurta with dhoti pants.