Amidst the growing rage of chokers, bibs and gulbands, if there’s one age-old jewellery that dates from the Nizams & Nawabi heritage & remains to be a classic (& a major melting point for women) even today, it’s the traditional Satlada haar. Originally found in the royal households, the seven-stringed pearl necklace, Satlada has over the years become a popular choice amongst brides. What was ideally just a multi-layered necklace woven with 465 pearls & a handful of precious stones, has now turned into an ultimate modern pick for brides.
While some brides are suitably pairing it up with neck-cinching chokers, others are wearing them alone & letting their bespoke satlada necklaces make the loudest noise! Remember how Deepika Padukone styled one with her mehndi attire? She really did full justice to her mehndi look by finding just the right kind of satlada to go with her ensemble! And to make sure you too do, we’ve put down a quick compilation on some of the most beguiling satlada necklace designs. Drive through, pick your favorite and add a regal touch to your bridal look.
Loot-worthy Satlada Haars Every Bride Must Check!
1. A simple kundan and pearl satlada necklace for the minimalist brides!
2. A voguish concoction of pearls, polkis and jarkans!
3. This striking satlada necklace curated with pearls, crystals & an emerald dropping is super elegant!
4. Emeralds and pearls clubbed together to form this beautiful satlada haar.
5. Nothing better to pair with a cape-style lehenga than this pearl-embedded satlada set!
6. Huge kundan studs, pearl strings and emeralds droppings were all incorporated in this masterpiece!
7. This diamond satlada necklace encrusted with emeralds is to die for!
8. When it's from Sabyasachi you just can't say no!
9. Glimmering rubies beautifully strung into a satlada haar.
10. Yet another classic pearl & polki satlada haar for contemporary brides!
11. This offbeat satlada necklace is for those with impeccable sense of style.
12. Aren't those floral polki embelishmnets adding that extra charm to this satlada haar?
13. We're eyeing over this delicate satlada haar bedecked with vibrant drops!
14. One can never go wrong with this pearl and polki amalgamation!
15. This gold satlada haar with beaded patterns and chandbaalis in the centre is so unique!
16. Perk up your bridal look with this modern gold satlada woven with golden beads!
17. A reamarkable satlada featuring grey beads and pretty polki droppings
18. Make for a royal bride in this pearl and polki satlada haar!
19. Add a pop of color to your ordinary satladas with the evergreen emeralds.
20. An all polki satlada haar gan give you the much-needed maharani feels!
21. Unconventional and phenomenal are words that best describe this gorgeous piece.
22. Deck up your neck with this dainty satlada made of prisitine pearls and a cluster of polkis!
23. What would go better with an emerald & polki choker than this super stunning satlada haar?
24. Inverted diya shaped polki embellishments are adding a whiff of fresh air to this masterpiece!
25. This bride aptly styled her white & gold bridal saree with a fancy pearl embedded satlada.
26. Here's an ultimate blend of ethnicity and modernity!
27. How beautiful is this bride's phenomenal emerald and pearl embellished satlada necklace!
28. This satlada haar is for the brides who want to go all OTT on their wedding day.
29. A spectacular creation of polkis, emeralds & pearls that Deepika wore on her Mehndi!
Panchladas, Teenladas & some more Layered Necklaces
In case you want to cut down on the layers, here are some equally winning alternatives that you can pick for your big day!
1. A graceful polki and pearl panchlada
2. A six-stringed pearl and polki necklace woven in a captivating pattern.
3. Yet another panchlada amped up with huge floral polki danglings in the centre!
4. A dramatic panchlada detailed with rubies, diamonds and pearls.
5. Grab all the eyeballs with this mesmerising piece of jewellery!
6. A hint of emeralds does no harm!
7. Count on this dazzling layered necklace for your reception day!
8. Isn't this layered necklace prettily done in pearls, polkis and emeralds making your hearts flutter on repeat?
9. This breathtaking teenlada adorned with emeralds, polkis and chakri pendants is a perfect pick for South Indian brides.
10. A magical burst of polkis and pearls.
11. This teenlada necklace is so fresh and unique!
Would you like to vouch for this phenomenal piece of jewellery for your wedding day? Share with us in the comments.