We can agree that 2020 was tough! While we loved the pretty intimate weddings and creative ways that couples opted to say I do to each other with all the restrictions, we have missed grad wedding settings. The coming together of all the guests that you love under a roof to celebrate the happiest day of your life has an unbeatable charm that we have been craving to witness for the past one year.
This new year, however, brought a wave of happiness in the lives of much-in-love couples waiting every day to get hitched. One of the best news that 2021 has brought to us until now is the lifting of restrictions on the number of wedding guests that are allowed at your wedding. Let’s dig in this gift by the government of Delhi a bit more as you read further.
Restrictions On the Number of Wedding Guests Lifted in Delhi
Shot by WeddingNama, Mumbai
The government of Delhi, this Monday i.e. 31 January 2021, announced the revised guidelines related to the public gathering at social, religious or cultural events. What caught our attention and made our day was the announcement that up to 200 wedding guests are now allowed to bless you on your wedding day in person, in case you decide to get married in a closed space like a banquet hall. Additionally, you can now invite as many guests as you wish to in case you are having an open space wedding, for e.g. a farmhouse wedding.
The news is definitely worth celebrating. However, what must not be forgotten is to take proper precautions while celebrating your special day with the people whom you love the most. Please note that it is mandatory to follow social distancing norms, use masks, thermal scan your guests and facilitate sanitisers to them. All must follow the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) as given by the Central Government.
Precautions to Take at A Wedding Amidst Covid-19
Celebrations are inevitable to keep your spirits high. However, we must remember that the deadly virus that we have been fearing over the past one still exists. Only taking some precautions at gatherings is going to make your wedding not only super safe to attend but you will also not miss any fun. We have listed the basic safety precautions that should be taken by you and your guests at your wedding.
- Wear masks. We know masks can be a little uncomfortable. However, to have a person infected at your wedding is the last thing that you would want. Make sure everyone wears masks on your big day. And oh! Such pretty masks being designed by designers; why do you even have to worry about this.
- Maintain Hygiene. Make sure all your guests sanitize their hands thoroughly. For this, you can distribute sanitisers packed in creative packaging as wedding favour gifts.
- Maintain social distancing. Arrange the seats in a way that the crowd remains spared to avoid the chance of coronavirus spread at your wedding.
- Make thermal scanning a must at your wedding.
- All wedding vendors at your wedding must wear masks and gloves to prevent the spread of the virus.
Getting Married? Book Trusted Vendors
We hope that the news filled you with as much joy as we experienced sharing it with you. So, waste no more time, hire the best wedding vendors in your city to make sure all precautions are taken while planning your wedding. Also, follow us to get notified every time we upload a new blog post for you!