Destination weddings have found a new address, i.e Turkey. Our inbox and Instagram feeds are now always bombarded with grand Indian weddings of millennial couples hosted in Turkish cities. Very recently, our very favourite fashion connoisseur Pernia Qureshi took the wedding world by a storm with her wedding pictures. The diva bride's wedding oh-so-aesthetical and a fashionable affair with the couple and all the guests sashaying the wedding fashion game. However, apart from that, it was the grandeur of the Istanbul city that made it a remarkable wedding! Just like Bodrum and Antalya, the Turkish cities we recently introduced to, Istanbul is another mesmerising city in Turkey, damn iconic for your grand nuptials.
Offering breathtaking backdrops of Bosphorus waters, enriched with a rich heritage, proud home to centuries-old architecture and a legit concoction of two opposite continents- Istanbul is an iconic city for reasons more than one. Istanbul lies in both Asia and Europe and is the only city in the world to be located on two continents. The 'East meets West' in Istanbul and no wonder, tourists swear by the unique blend of experience that Istanbul offers. It is one city where the modern skyscrapers stand tall near the ancient architectural marvels, eateries offering Eastern food neighbour the Western food joints and hep city life coincides with the rich historical vibe. Sounds interesting, right?
Istanbul lends a fascinating vibe for millennial couples to tie the knot. If you have a magnificent destination wedding in mind, Istanbul is a city you MUST consider. We are saying this cuz we recently visited the city, witnessed the soul-stirring charm of Istanbul and inspected some uber-stunning luxe wedding venues. We even did our homework and fetched out all the information you need to plan a dreamy wedding in Istanbul.
As much as Istanbul is an amazing tourist hub, it is equally a majestic land to tie the knot. You can choose from so many luxury wedding venues in Istanbul besides the serene waters of Bosphorus - which is one of the most surreal views. Be it the lip-smacking food, entertainment options, venues or even the majestic natural views, Istanbul has everything in abundance to make your grand wedding a picturesque, luxe affair. Here is a list-down of all the things that make Istanbul a perfect place for your remarkable wedding.
- Serene backdrops of Bosphorus cruise and hills
- So many luxurious properties to choose from
- All-inclusive hotel plans (Your guests can avail any & all services without you worrying about any hidden charges)
- Spoil the guests with world-famous Turkish Hospitality
- Great locations for pre and post-wedding photoshoots
- Host wedding ceremonies all around the city
- A surreal vibe of art, history and modernity
- Lip-smacking food
- No dearth of entertainment alternatives
1. Get a Turkey-based wedding planning agency on board to make it all hassle-free
All these big lavish weddings in Turkey are backed & planned by the uber-famous agencies like Inventum Global and Crystal Concepts and a few more. Getting in touch with one of these agencies is the best way to plan your wedding in Istanbul & make it a seamless, hassle-free experience. These agencies take charge of everything from the booking, decor, food, entertainment, travel, accommodation to post-wedding formalities. They do it all. You simply have to be in contact with the executives from an agency and leave it all on them. You can blindly trust them for they have years of experience in planning the BIGGEST Indian weddings in Turkey.
2. Visit Istanbul and Inspect the Venues
Istanbul is home to a lot of opulent properties which will drench you and your guests in unbridled luxury. All these wedding venues in Istanbul are nothing less than magnificent marvels. While some have a modern vibe others charm you with the old-worldly vibe. These hotels are compacter than those in Antalya and Bodrum, hence, you can actually plan your wedding celebrations throughout the city at different properties. Doing so will allow you to explore the surreal city as well. Make your first visit to Istanbul 6-8 months before the wedding. The agency will further help you scout the best ones according to your preference.
3. Book a private chartered plane for your wedding clan (it turns out to be cheaper)
Flying your guests abroad for the wedding is not a task when your wedding is in Istanbul. Instead of booking individual tickets on different flights, you can simply avail exclusive Chartered Plane services with Turkish Airlines. This enables you to fly around 250-300 guests in a single private jet, which you can also get personalized with custom seat covers, etc. And the best part is, it will save you some bucks as well.
4. Our favourite wedding venues in Istanbul
As mentioned above as well, Istanbul boasts of umpteen luxuriant properties upheld with scenic backdrops, regal interiors, vintage feels with high-end modern amenities. Here are the venues that left us smitten.
Swissotel The Bosphorus
The Grand Tarabya
Sait Halim Palace
5. Best time to plan a wedding in Istanbul
Summers are hot and the winters are chilly in Istanbul. So the best season to host your wedding is between July to November or during February to April.
- Start planning at least 6-8 months before.
- If you want Indian food for your wedding spread, it is better fly down your preferred chefs from India. In fact, you must also consider flying down the Indian entertainment artists, photographers, mehndi artists and DJ if you want a Desi Vibe at your wedding. You can hire a wedding planner in India to bring all these vendors on board.
- Make sure to do a recce of the venue with your family and spouse before finalizing the decorations and setups.
- DO NOT miss out on hiring these event agencies like Inventm Global, they will totally easen your entire wedding planning.