Today I am not here to guide you on how to do a perfect smokey eye makeup or how to get those gorgeous curls at home. But, rather something more important that is considered medicine for your body. Yes, it's your food. Being a valuable energy giver that builds your stamina, eating a balanced diet does not only help you to get the right nutrition for your body but also helps you to get that glass-skin effect for your wedding day. And, to answer all your fitness and diet-related queries we have with us a very renowned celebrity nutritionist & dietician who has trained Bollywood stars like Sonam Kapoor, Deepika Padukone, Shahid Kapoor, and Ranbir Kapoor to name a few. Pooja Makhija has not only transformed the bodies into healthy individuals but has given hope to thousands of people to live a healthy and happy life.
So, brides-to-be, get ready to note down the fitness mantra shared by this celebrity nutritionist that would make you a pretty & a fit bride for your dream wedding day! 🥗🤤
Fun Diet & Fitness Session With Pooja Makhija
Helping people rebuild their faith in 'good food' Pooja Makhija is a mother of two adorable girls, author of Eat Delete & Eat Delete Junior books, and a dietician who also gives fantastic nutrition tips on her TV show, The Pooja Makhija show on the Food Food channel. Also, started her radio show on Magic FM, this well-known expert always believes that "eat not for your taste but for your nutrition." From answering how to stay fit to what to eat when we are here with another #SSQuarantineSession with Pooja Makhija who will guide you through this process so that you stay happy & beautiful from inside & outside.
Wasn't this diet & nutrition session interesting and insightful? If, you missed any important point shared by Pooja Makhija, then note down from the pointers below:
- Always focus on having a balanced diet and 'eat everything' even if that's pasta & pizza but in the limit.
- It's a myth that one should not consume carbs or carbohydrates. Pooja believes that "your body needs all the nutrients so make sure you intelligently mix your food with the right amount of carbs, proteins, and vitamins in food. In fact, carbohydrates are a valuable energy and stamina giver so ensure to have everything in the correct quantity."
- Is exercise important even if we are eating a properly balanced diet? "Yes, exercise is very important for your body and it's advisable to exercise for a total of 60 mins. This is because when you increase the intake of your food you must exercise so that your food gets digested and you release your body toxins through your sweat."
- Any particular diet for pregnant women? "Being a mother of two adorable girls, I suggest that you eat everything because according to the latest scientific studies if you eat only 'healthy food' or 'a particular pattern of food' when your child is in the womb, then chances are high that your child comes out to be a fuzzy eater. So, ensure that you introduce all flavours and little portions of every type of food so that he/she loves eating everything."
- How to get glowing skin for the wedding day? "Honestly, it's just a healthy and balanced diet that can help you to get the results. However, I would suggest these 8 things that you must start doing it from now:
Water: Drink at least 3 liters of water every day as it will help you to release the toxins in your body
Juice: 1 glass of raw vegetable juice is very good for the body
Food: Consume good nutrition because your body requires them for the functioning of the body. Also, eat a little portion of food after every 2 hours gap.
Milk: Avoid consuming milk & try switching to nut milk
Sugar & lactose: To have a healthy you ensure that you stop or avoid consuming lactose & sugar intake
Sweat: Sweating is a good sign because it helps to remove toxins from the body
Exercise: A time frame of 60 mins of exercising or physical activity is a must because it increases your heart rate
Sleep: Ensure that you have a goodnight sleep for at least 7 hours
- Can you recommend some seeds that we can consume? "Yes, seeds are really good for health and you may consume about 1-2 teaspoons of Sunflower seeds, chia seeds, and flax seeds or even mix them and eat it up."
- What's your take on Apple Cider Vinegar? "Well, apple cider vinegar reactivates your digestive enzymes. Simply, include a little bit of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water & drink empty stomach. Ensure that you drink 1 glass of water after consuming it and gargle to remove the remaining apple cider vinegar, which may corrode your teeth."
And, lastly, just Work From Inside & It Will Show From Outside!
Have more queries? Drop her a message on her online portal www.nourishgenie.com or let us know in the comment section below!