Shot by Cam Catches, Goa
Dating back to being a part of our traditional dresses and being worn ever since it’s only in recent times that Shararas and Ghararas are making a huge comeback and how!! For their edgy traditionalism & a modern contemporary feel, Shararas and Ghararas are a favorite in almost every women's closet. These wide legged and flared pants worn with small kurtis look spectacularly gorgeous and accentuates one's silhouette as it suits every body type.
Differentiating between a Sharara and a Gharara is a tad bit difficult because they’re almost similar except for a minor telltale. However, being your saviors we're gonna help you with that and of course, we've fished out some aesthetically beautiful designs and styles that are going to suit everybody's likes. Be it the bridesmaids, the brides donning these for smaller ceremonies or even the darling mommies, these are for everybody.
So let's get you right into this!
The Wide-Legged Skirt-Like Shararas
Shararas are a pair of loose, wide legged and flared trousers that can be worn with kurtis, anarkalis, and long cholis. They basically fall straight and give the look and feel of a lehenga skirt as the pleats or the flares starts way up above the knee.
Stunning & Elegant Sharara Designs & Styles
1. For her engagement this bride wore a heavenly gota embroidered golden Tarun Tahiliani kurta Sharara embellished with pearls and Swarovski crystals.
Source Tarun Tahiliani
2. These pretty as stars Sharara sets by Abhinav Mishra in his signature craft are worth every penny!
3. A beautiful hand embroidered dusty blue Sharara set by Saumya & Bhavini Modi.
Source Saumya & Bhavini Modi
4. A red brocade & organza Sharara by Raw Mango perfect for an Indian bride.
Source Raw Mango
5. Reynu Taandon's gota patti dominated blush pink Sharara set your mommy would love!
6. A striking ivory Sharara set by Sukriti & Aakriti done in colorful floral thread embroideries and mirror work.
Source Sukriti and Aakriti
7. Deep red and baby pink Sharara from AVDI.
8. An embroidered blush pink tiered Sharara set by Reynu Taandon.
9. A pristine white Sharara with mirror work and a scalloped dupatta by Abhinav Mishra.
10. Kriti Sanon quirking it up in an ultraviolet scalloped Sharara set by Sukriti & Aakriti.
Source Sukriti & Aakriti
11. An offbeat coral pink Gharara Set by Reynu Tandon perfect for that chic bridesmaid.
Getting Married? Book Trusted Vendors
Fitted & Flared Ghararas
Ghararas are a pair of trousers that are fitted from the waist to the knees and are heavily flared from there up to the toes. A thick lace band just above the knees hides the joint where the cloth is gathered or ruched up to form the flare of the pants.
Beautifully Unique & Chic Gharara Sets
1. A gorgeous chrome yellow ensemble by Jayanti Reddy with metallic thread embroideries and scalloped Gharara pants.
Source Jayanti Reddy
2. Manish Malhotra's take on traditional sarees with this belted Gharara saree ensemble in light beige and gold is super stunning and edgy.
Source Manish Malhotra
Source Punit Balana
4. This midnight blue Mughal floral kurta & silk kota check Gharara set from Kunza have our hearts!
5. This effervescent bride in an edgy embroidered peplum blouse with baby pink Gharara pants for her Mehndi.
Shot by Cam Catches, Goa
6. Rimple & Harpreet Narula doing their magic in this striking ivory Gharara ensemble laden with zardozi, resham and gota patti embroideries.
Source Rimple & Harpreet
7. A colorful thread embroidered white Gharara set with a red embroidered cape perfect for your Mehndi, isn't it?!
Source Stories by Joseph Radhik
8. These Pakistani brides looked bewitching and charming enough on their wedding in scintillating Gharara sets.
Source Maha's Photography
Source Ayesha Ijaz Photography