Haven’t we all had a crush on that super hot senior in college who almost seemed out of our league, at some point of time? Well, I am sure most of us have, and so did Meenal. Just like those usual college cupid days, Meenal & Dishank too met each other at a party through a mutual friend and what followed next was the two confessing their feelings & getting into a relationship. After 7 long years of serious dating, Dishank officially met Meenal’s father and the much-in-love duo finally solemnized their love in an extravagant Delhi wedding (and it was everything stunning!)
Set amidst the mesmerizing decorations & picture-perfect environs of the Orana Hotels & Resorts, Meenal & Dishank’s wedding was a spectacular affair. Right from high-end designer outfits, extraordinary wedding looks to high-on-life festivities, their union witnessed everything that a celebrity wedding boasts of. And we can’t decide what we loved the most! The bride’s multi-hued lehenga? The larger-than-life mandap setup? Or the most chilled out couple having the best time of their life? Well, there are elements more than one!
What further acted as a cherry on top were the glamorous bridal looks created by the ace makeup artist Amrit Kaur & the awesome photographs beautifully captured through the lens of You by Poonam Kotecha.
Meenal & Dishank ringed in their wedding shenanigans with an extravagant & high-spirited engagement ceremony. The decorations for the night were resplendent with gobs of flowers and chandeliers. While the entrance was bedecked with cascading floral ceilings and huge flower vases kept on either side of the passage, the stage had a beguiling gold backdrop with elegant flower decor, a comfy sofa seating and some more loot-worthy decor elements. The guests & the couple had a gala time boozing, dancing and creating memories for a lifetime. However, the highlight of the evening was the bride’s surprise performance for the love of her life, which was every bit adorable.
Going high on the bling quotient for her engagement night, Meenal dressed herself in a glimmering ivory and silver lehenga with a tasselled blouse. She teamed her Suneet Varma ensemble with a pretty diamond collar and a pair of dangling earrings. A silver & black smokey eye makeup, flushed cheeks, nude lips & open wavy tresses further rounded off her look. Dishank too made for a dapper groom in his all-black avatar. He wore a classic black tuxedo suit with a black satin shirt, a bow-tie and a pair of stylish brogues.
Followed by the engagement bash, the couple next hosted a warm & fun mehndi ceremony which was all about vibrant colours, happy faces & cheery vibes. The outdoor environs of the luxe Orana Hotel & Resort were beautifully decorated in hues of white, pink, orange, yellow, blue and green. A beautiful jhoola seating with marigold adornments was especially put up in the centre for the couple. The sitting lounges, on the other hand, were done in vibrant drapes, huge tree-like centrepieces, distinctive chandeliers & some fancy chair & table arrangements. Other than that, a huge floral wreath woven in white & pink blooms was also placed in a corner for taking great pictures.
For the mehndi ceremony, Dishank slipped into a floral print bandhgala with a pink kurta, a pair of cream coloured pants and tan mojris. He accessorised his look with a pair of black aviators and looked his stylish best. Meenal whereas, opted for a bright tangerine lehenga with a ruffled blouse and a flowy dupatta from Agunj by Gunjan Arora, that went just in sync with her mehndi decor color palette. Adding more charm to her look, she layered her neck with an alluring mirror necklace and let those gota chand baalis & jhumka adorned bangles make the loudest noise. For the final touches, the ace makeup artist Amrit Kaur did her hair into a cascading half-tie hairdo and gave her soft smokey eyes, nude lips, outlined brows & perfectly bronzed cheeks.
The couple’s Haldi ceremony was high on the quirk vibe. Even though the decorations were kept to minimal with only a backdrop adorned with marigolds, it was enough to add that much-needed effervescence to the ceremony. What further made it one of the most happening events were the joyous haldi rituals. The guests were seen enjoying to their fullest while smearing the bride & groom with the auspicious turmeric paste. And these pictures are proof!
Keeping it all simple and basic, Dishank & Meenal swore by the traditional Indian wear for their Haldi. While Meenal radiated in a yellow Anarkali suit, Dishank looked all desi in his white kurta-pajama set.
The wedding was one grand, stylish & super fun fiesta with the color of love dominating the wedding setup. While the mandap was beautifully trimmed with loads & loads of roses, mogras & tuberoses, the stage wasn’t anything short of stunning. It had a beauteous wall outlined with led lights and some fresh pastel blooms. There were some floral orbs hanging down the ceiling that added to the beauty of the stage. However, what took the decorations a notch higher were the ornate chandeliers, the phenomenal seating arrangements & the over-the-top interiors of the venue.
Making for a debonair groom, Dishank dressed up in a dusty pink sherwani from Soltee by Sulakshna Monga. He fashioned it with a Panchlada haar, a cream-colored safa and a pair of embellished juttis. Meenal, on the other hand, looked like a pure diva in her bridal glory. She wore a spectacular multi-colored lehenga from Soltee by Sulakshna Monga for the big day and teamed it up with just the right kind of jewels-which comprised of a polki & emerald necklace, a mesmerizing maang tikka and an understated nath. Nude pink lips, smokey eye & beaming highlighter further topped off her look.
The bride shares,
"We were in the same college, he was my senior. A mutual friend decided to play cupid at this party where we were introduced to each other with the sole purpose of fixing us up. (A little secret- I fell for him instantly!) His introverted personality worked like a charm! We began to text each other all day and gradually moved on to confessing our feelings and getting into a relationship. And it's been 7 years now.
When I look back at these years, it's like a tumbling kaleidoscope of both happy and not-so-happy memories. We had the most difficult time while he was in the US, long-distance is tough! However, just within three months of being there, he came back to surprise me. It was such a special moment for me. In a year, he came back and this time he officially met my father. There was no moment in particular when we proposed to each other or decided to get married. In a year, we just knew-that feeling when you are just so sure about that one person. I feel very grateful and blessed to be spending the rest of our lives together!"
1. Amrit Kaur (Makeup artist): I am immensely glad that I went with Amrit for all my functions. Her understanding of facial features and make up techniques is the best in the industry. Each time, after getting ready when I looked at myself in the mirror, I ended up feeling overwhelmed! I had never looked this good!
2. You by Poonam Kotecha (Photographer): Poonam and her team did a fantastic job with the pictures! Their non-traditional approach of capturing the moment in its true essence without asking to pose too much and yet capturing you in the right moment was amazing! They are an approachable and extremely talented bunch of young photographers that you would want to work with!
3. Suneet Varma (Meenal’s Engagement Outfit): This man creates magic! The most important thing for any bride is her wedding outfits and she settles for nothing short of perfection! The best part about buying an outfit from him is that he resonates that feeling. He personally suggested ways to drape my dupatta that would not be cumbersome for me and suggested ways to alter the outfit to suit my petite frame. I was very impressed with his passion and ingenuity.
4. Purab Paschim: Ankit is an extremely talented jewellery designer! The amount of time they invest in each client until they are satisfied and happy is amazing! I absolutely loved the accessories I bought for them and would be visiting them again in the future!
5. Sulakshna Jasra (Dishank’s Mehendi Outfit): Sulakshna made a beautiful outfit for Dishank! Her simplicity and readiness to help with customization were beyond compare. Her designs instantly clicked with Dishank and everyone else!
6. Agunj by Gunjan Arora (Meenal’s Mehendi Outfit): My earlier Mehendi outfit got ruined due to an unfortunate incident and I was looking for a new one with just 10 days left for my wedding! Not only did I love my outfit that Gunjan made I also appreciated the fact that she understood the urgency and readied the outfit within a week. The icing on the cake - there were no fitting issues! Would love to recommend her.
Wedding Photographer: You by Poonam Kotecha | Wedding Venue & Decor: Orana Hotels and Resorts | Event Company: Aura Productions | Bar Services: Indo Fusion Cocktail Services | Wedding Choreographer: Sunny Shrivastav | Hookah: Xclusive Hookah | Bride's Outfits: Suneet Varma (Engagement), Agunj by Gunjan Arora (Mehendi), Soltee by Sulakshna Monga (Wedding) | Groom's Outfits: Unit by Rajat Suri (Engagement), Sulakshana Jasra (Mehndi), Soltee by Sulakshna Monga (Wedding) | Makeup & Hair: Amrit Kaur | Meenal's Maangtikka, Haath Phool and Nath: Purab Paschim | Meenal's Chooda: Raabta by Rahul | Bride's Mehndi Jewellery: Fooljhadi