Trends may come and go, but the essence of a red bridal lehenga is never gonna fade for Indian brides. True, isn't it? Despite having an ocean of colour options, it is a no brainer for most of the brides to choose Red as the colour of their wedding lehenga. While few girls grow up with the vision of wearing red on their D-day, others are sure of red even before the groom-searching begins. And to be honest, even we have a soft corner for the brides who choose to embrace timelessly traditional red lehengas for their wedding.
But of course, the outfit alone does not complete your bridal look. It is equally important to team it up with flawless makeup, and just like any other outfit, even your red bridal lehenga can be styled with versatile makeup looks. That's exactly where it gets tricky and confuses the brides. It becomes a nerve-wracking decision for brides to finalise their bridal makeup with red lehenga.
Thoughts like 'will wearing a red lipstick be too much red', 'should I stick to subtle nude lips...or will that be too basic' are sure to haunt you until the last moment. But to make it easier for you, we list down some of the best makeup ideas to team with the quintessential red bridal lehenga.
Best Bridal Makeup Ideas for Red Wedding Lehenga
Shimmery makeup using neutral tones
Glimmering pink eyelids teamed with a natural flushed look
Even mauve lips look great with red bridal lehenga on Indian skin tones!
This is what bridal makeup dreams are made of!
Dewy makeup with glittery eyes and fluttering faux lashes
For the brides who don't wanna go heavy with their bridal makeup
All nude makeup? YES! That's what millennial brides are rooting for!
Multiple but subtle hues on eyes; glowy cheeks and a neutral shade of lipstick!
Red lips teamed with green eyeliner to complement the jewellery!
The combo of red lips and gold shimmery eyes is unbeatable!
Minimal bridal makeup featuring deep red lips and soft smokey eyes
Being a bride does not always mean yo have to carry heavy glam makeup! A naturally flushed makeup with nude lips look equally great
Soft shades of pink also go well with red and maroon bridal lehengas
Here's another stunner bride who rocked bridal makeup in super light hints of pink with her red wedding lehenga
The best kinda makeup is the one that naturally accentuates your beauty! *This one is just that*
How about infusing a hint of green to the waterline? It matched with the bride's jewellery & bindi
An inspirational bridal makeup look featuring ombre lipstick
You can heavy with both lips and eyes with your red bridal lehenga! But make sure to keep the cheeks away from heavy blush
That's the thing with red bridal lehengas! Even a simple red lipstick and minimal eye makeup can make you look bride-ready!
The quintessential glamorous Indian bridal makeup look *Red eyes, illuminated cheeks and kohl-rimmed smokey eyes*
Dramatic gold smokey eyes with a dramatic cut crease effect on the edges further teamed with red lips
Match your lips with the shade of your monotoned red lehenga along with softly-done eyes and cheeks
The flawless bridal makeup! *Can't stop drooling*
You can also go with heavily bronzed cheeks, striking red lips and thickly-outlined eyes
Are you a digger for glam makeup looks? Take inspo from this real bride!
Soft and dewy base with nude lips and prominently curled-out lashes
A mesmerising illuminated bridal look with dramatic eyelids & coral-red lips
Some major inspiration for glitter lovers!
A pink-flushed look!
A minimal yet so gripping bridal makeup look! Well-defined eyebrows are an imperative part of your bridal makeup!
Sonam Kapoor too taught the bridal world on how to team red lehenga with pink lips
And how about this naturally flushed look?
Bronze eyes with a hint of plums and glossy pink lips for the win!
Lastly, our vendor Jonam Artistry has also shared some amazing makeup styling tips for all the bride who wish to wear a red lehenga! She says, "There are different hues of red lehengas and different skin tones wearing these different reds. Choice of colour of blushes, eyeshadows, lipsticks depends on a lot of such factors for deriving the optimum look. Few makeup ideas:"
- Going traditional with red lehenga is the safest choice–gold on eyelids with red-lips. (These days you get a variety of golden colours - gold, antique gold, rose gold - all the three go well as per the outfit). Keeping makeup subtle and neat is the key here to look modern.
- The latest trend is going with nude or light pink lips and ditching the old red lips to give that ethereal look. You don't need to be in red from head to toe is the whole idea :)
- We went a little experimental with red glitters on the eyelids with nude lips and it is for the bold bride. This loud eye makeup looked regal though.
- Black kohl enhances the beautiful Indian eyes and it goes very well with the red lehenga.
- The traditional round red bindi has a symbolic meaning and is a no miss when it comes to the red lehenga.
- Black or brown smokey eyes with nude lips are quite in and give a modern edge to your traditional red lehenga and I totally love creating this fusion.
- Pop of bright colours like green, blue and purple can be used in the eye-makeup to give a modern twist to the traditional red lehenga.
Did you bookmark your favourite looks already?