If you've just got hitched and have no idea from where to start the wedding planning, you should thank your stars (or us!) for this 6-month wedding planning checklist. Don't freak out, we've got everything covered!
With so little time in hand, it's best to make a list of things that you must and should get done within a set timeframe to avoid disappointment (like not booking you dream venue on time or even your favourite makeup artist!). But how do you know what needs to get ticked off your wedding planning list first?
As a dutiful bridesmaid, we made a 6-month wedding planning checklist that is a super useful countdown of the important things you should do:
6 MONTHS TO GO
- Decide date & time for wedding & other ceremonies (bachelorette, reception, sangeet, mehndi, tilak, sagan).
- Prepare a draft guest list
- Book venues (Find out the venue requirements and policies for lighting candles, havan rituals/fire, alcohol, parking, vendor and event insurance, cancellation or postponing the event)
5 MONTHS TO GO
- Decide theme/colours of the wedding (this can be used in save-the-date cards, invitations, lehenga, decor, etc)
- Send out save-the-dates
- Finalise the guest list
- Start looking for the wedding outfits - Only for the bride
- Start purchasing wedding trousseau
- Start researching for photographers, videographer, decorator etc.
- Decide the caterer & menu (If your venue has external catering options)
- Allocate someone to organise the bachelorette party
- Start planning for honeymoon - destination, budget, etc.
- Start searching for a make-up artist. Take trials before finalising
4 MONTHS TO GO
See Also:- Best Bridal Makeup Artists in Kolkata
3 MONTHS TO GO
2 MONTHS TO GO
- Mail out overseas invites, if any
- Book any other party rentals you may require for all your functions (e.g. chairs, tables, mattresses)
- Book accommodation for guests
- Look for wedding function favours (bachelorette, mehndi etc)
- Book accommodation for wedding night (optional)
- Make a list of favourite songs for all functions and send them to the DJ
- Visit the wedding venue with your decorator
- Start dance practices, book choreographer if required
- Get blouses & trousseau dresses stitched
1 MONTH / 4 WEEKS TO GO
- Send out wedding invites (keep track of acceptances & refusals)
- Meet the photographer and videographer - advise them on what you want on the day (different photographic styles – give them a rundown on what the days will be like so they know what to expect)
- Go for bridal outfit trials. Collect all attire for the wedding party – ensure everything is ready to wear
- Book sweets/mithai for all functions. Finalise menu for other functions (mehndi, sangeet etc)
- Visit panditji to finalise details for all the functions
- Discuss & confirm bachelorette party details
- Make sure visa is in place for a honeymoon
- Create a wedding schedule & share with your family & vendors
- Confirm delivery locations, time, and final arrangements with your decorator
- Confirm time, location and other details with all your vendors
Read:- Top Wedding Makeup Artist You Can Hire
3 WEEKS TO GO
- Determine any wedding day assignments for members of the wedding party and make sure they're aware of their duties (helps if you give them a list so there is no confusion)
- Call guests who have not yet RSVP’d and get the final headcount
- Purchase or hire all pooja items
- Confirm all honeymoon travel plans. Give someone a copy of your itinerary and contact information in case of an emergency
- Confirm location, time and date with a photographer - give him a list of "must-take" photos
- Pack for your wedding night and first few days NOW (House may get messy later, therefore harder to find your stuff)
2 WEEKS TO GO
- Confirm all bookings and check if things are going as planned
- Send final pre-wedding payments to all vendors
- If required, fill favour bags with almonds, chocolates etc.
- Give final head count (no. of guests) to all vendors (caterers, rentals like chairs, etc)
- Ensure hotel and transport bookings are in place
- Send transport vendor the schedule, addresses and contact phone numbers for people to be picked up
- Confirm wedding day beauty appointments
- Pack trousseau
1 WEEK TO GO
- Visit your beautician for facial, waxing, manicure & pedicure etc.
- Decide on who will return all the hired items after the wedding
- Write any cheques that are required for the wedding day – put them in separate labelled envelopes
- Pack for your honeymoon
- Make sure all pooja items are prepared
- Put together an emergency kit (perfume, painkillers, hairspray, lipstick, safety pins, mints etc.
- Full payments made to all vendors
- Get outfits cleaned & preserved
- Write “Thank You” notes to guests and vendors
- Do all the paperwork to change your name, combine finances, insurance policies etc.
Read:- Top 2000+ Bridal Makeup Artists
Did you find this blog helpful? Share your views in the comments below!