Getting married is a huge task for the family and a period of exhaustion and stress for the bride. After all it's her day she has to look picture perfect even as she has a heavy heart for she bids goodbye to her old life!
Here are 5 amazing tips and tricks to ace your lehenga and look fab on your wedding day!!
Well hello, honestly there's no scope for window shopping and endless visits to all the places that are well known for wedding lehengas. You MUST have some idea (colour, design, style etc) of what you're looking for in your D-day attire to avoid getting hyper at the end of every visit.
Note - usually the jewelry comes way before the lehenga or it can be vice versa just make sure you coordinate the former and the latter to avoid a complete disaster.
The art here is to look like a million bucks and create a statement without going overboard. As long as one is elegant, there is absolutely nothing to worry about. - Manish Malhotra
Balance is the answer so spend some time with your stylist, make-up artist or simply in front of the mirror and simply be honest. Sometimes less is more in this case. - Mickey Contractor
2. Aaage kya hoga Kalia? (The Lehengas future)
However middle class this sounds this thought will cross your mind sooner or later! (hopefully in time), what will i do with this lehenga after the D-day?
Do not fear, go for a creation that can be well utilised in future
Go for a heavier choli and lighter lehenga, this can later be converted into a beautiful Anarkali suit
We practically live our lives and will continue to do so in modern clothes so this is the occasion that'll give you the opportunity to embrace tradition. - JJ Valaya
The brocade jacket and ghagra combo by JJ Valaya to mix the traditional with the contemporary.
The ugly truth is that things that look gorgeous on others fail to bring out the best in you!! So what to do?
Try out a few styles and draping ideas with your stylist before zeroing on one for the last day.
A few ideas!
5 seasonal drapes By JJ Vala
1. Gujrati Drape 2. Single Dupatta Saree Drape
3. Over The Shoulder and One End Tied to Wrist
4. Over The Head Drape
5. Bong Drape
Tip- Do not leave this task for last minute or you won't have to wait till Vidai to shed tears!
4. Seasons Greetings
Going for a season appropriate lehenga is the wisest choice. Velvet choli or blouse will look amazing if yours is a winter wedding, similarly full-sleeves with intricate work all-over or on the cuffs will keep you warm and look graceful.
Trend Report 2015
A tangerine affair!
1. Every bride’s dream designer, This collection as usual is inspired the era of Indian royalty, but of course with the hint of young-looking, glamorous charisma. If pastels are what you prefer along with a lot of shimmer and embellishments - Sabyasachi
2. Splendid, glittery, bright and beautiful defines this year’s bridal collection. Lehenga-skirt full of embroidery, choli with long sleeves, dupatta in net, the bride is conventional and customary. - Anju Modi
3. Salmon, deep purple, silver, shades and hues of gray embellished with mirror work and gold, antique gold embroidery, the lehengas are sassy and truly of today’s new-age bride. If you want to go for deep neck that is in season. - Manish Malhotra
And some blue to break those blues in fall/winter
Don't know why but Red and Gold seems to win over every other color combo when it comes it to your wedding lehenga. Its timeless, its associated hugely with the brides attire in many parts of India and it will make you glow!
Some beautiful Red creations to inspire you created by Leading names in the fashion industry...
Thats Sabyasachi doing the red right for the bride!
Drool, dream or rather just buy it! Outfit by designer Manish Malhotra
No the man doesn't stop at average! Rohit Bal's to-die-for lehenga
For a fashion-conscious bride-to-be, check out spectacularly stunning traditional bridal lehengas inspired by the “Maharaja of Madrid” theme. Bright and bold color schemes are perfect for your pre-bridal ceremonies as well as the wedding day. - JJ Valaya
These are the quick and easy tips, you can plan and coordinate with your stylist & make-up artists. Watch out this space for more Bridal updates.. :)