Weddings are all about personalization these days! Aren’t they? Right from the decor, mehendi, outfits to accessories and everything in between, couples are adding a touch of personalization to almost every aspect of their wedding. And mind you guys, even the Saat Pheras are being revamped with the personalization factor now. *Oh yes, that’s the latest fad guys*
Just imagine - A husband promising his wife that he’ll eat the ‘not-so-round Rotis’ made by her without complaining, at their wedding during the Pheras! *So damn real and hilarious*
That’s the thing about wedding vows, they are extremely personal! Whether you wanna elicit some hearty laughs or want your guests to grab tissues, penning down your own vows will surely make your wedding more memorable.
High-on-emotions to the wittiest ones - here are some wedding vows you can take inspiration from. But don’t forget adding a pinch of your love story and some inside jokes. ;)
1. If ever comes a situation where I have to choose between you and Pizza (or Beer), I vow to prioritize you. I promise to love you the most, with all my heart!
2. I promise to trust you even if we deviate from our shopping lists, GPS navigation or life goals!
3. I promise to comfort you when Chelsea loses and drink beer with you when it wins.
4. I'll not snap at you even if you bring the dirty shoes inside for the 19th time.
5. I am as novice as you when it comes to cooking! I vow that I will enhance my cooking skills with you. I promise I will never bog you down by complaining about how bland the food tastes. *Oops, did I just reveal you cook bland food?* But trust me, I will never bring ‘mummy ke haath ka khaana’ in between when the food cooked by you doesn’t turn out well.
6. I'll understand the difference between Magenta Pink and Fuschia Pink. I swear, I will do it! (Searching for a color wheel on Amazon)
7. I'll be patient when you're trying to perfect your winged eyeliner for 2 hours.
8. I vow to have the tolerance and patience that love demands - to speak when words are required and to share the silence they are not.
9. For me, these vows are not promises but privileges! I get to laugh with you and cry with you, share with you, build with you and live with you - This is my biggest rewards and exactly what I always dreamt of - being with you.
10. I remember once how I told you I did not believe in soul mates. I will never forget your reaction. Stunned and a little hurt that I didn't think we were. Be that as it may, as time passed by, your love changed my belief and made us soul-mates.
11. I promise to love and care for you, and I will try in every way to be worthy of your love. I will always be honest with you, kind, patient and forgiving. I promise to try to be on time. But most of all, I promise to be a true and loyal friend to you. I love you.
12. I love that you open doors for little old ladies. I love when you turn into a joker to make someone laugh. I love that you can laugh at your silliness. I love that you're strong and funny, warm and passionate. But most of all, I love that you and I both love each other endlessly. I promise to stand by you and always be the president of your fan club.
13. I vow to never let anything come between us, to fight for us, to love you through crazy highs and tough times, and to always maintain a sense of humor and adventure as we take our next steps together into the unknown and beautiful future.